- Represents Area 22 at the General Service Conference and other service events held outside Indiana.
- Responsible for general coordination of Area activities.
- Organizes Assemblies and Committee Meetings.
- Prepares and mails notices and minutes of Committee Meetings and Assemblies.
- Maintains files of current Area documents.
- Pays Area bills.
- Receives, banks, and acknowledges contributions to Area 22.Note: In keeping with our Tradition of self-support, Area 22 accepts contributions only from AA sources -- such as groups, districts, and individual AA members. Contributions from individual members cannot exceed $2,000 per year and are NOT tax-deductible. Effective January 1, 2015:
Contributions to Area 22 may be mailed to:Area 22 Committee
PO Box 926
Griffith IN 46319
- Maintains contact information for groups, districts, and trusted servants of Area 22.
- Forwards changes and new group registrations to the General Service Office in New York. Effective January 1, 2013:
New group registration forms and group change forms may be mailed to:Area 22 Registrar
2721 Newman Rd
West Lafayette, IN 47906
- Works with local, state and federal corrections professionals and with local A.A. members to make the program and the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous available to inmates.
- Coordinates state-wide efforts to arrange outside contacts for inmates upon release
|Public Information (PI) Committee
- Works with local A.A. members to inform professionals and the general public of what A.A. can and cannot do.
- Upon invitation, makes presentations and/or displays available at public events and meetings of professional organization.
- Coordinates Area 22 web committee and maintains Area 22 website.
|Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC)/Treatment Facilities Committee
- Works with local A.A. members to inform treatment professionals and clients of what A.A. can and cannot do.
- Coordinates efforts to bring A.A. meetings into treatment facilities and to provide outside contacts to individuals upon release.
- Informs A.A. members of General Service Conference-approved literature
- Takes literature displays to events around the state.
- A subcommittee of the Area Committee. Reviews proposed agenda items for their impact on the Area budget.
- Assists the Area Treasurer in preparing the annual budget
- Encourages members to subscribe to the Grapevine and La Viña magazines, and informs them of related books and other special items available.
- Takes Grapevines literature displays to events around the state.
- Oversees the collection, preservation, and administration of the official records of Area 22.
- Display the archives at functions when needed or requested.
- Record all Area 22 assemblies and DCM Conferences
|State Convention Committee
- Fully responsible for planning the Indiana state convention (Area 22 hosts alternate years).
- Maintains Area 22 web site
- Updates Area 22 Even Calendar
- Updates Area 22 Meeting Guide